About Core Laboratory Services
The Texas Children’s Cancer Center and Hematology Service Clinical Laboratories include the Hematology- Oncology, Cytogenetic and Flow Cytometry Laboratories.
The Texas Children’s Hospital Vision and the Texas Children’s Hospital Integrated Delivery System Vision is an active part of the mission of the Texas Children’s Cancer Center and Hematology Service Core Labs. We provide timely, high quality laboratory results for the diagnosis and treatment of our cancer and hematology patients. This ensures Texas Children's Hospital's dedication to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research. Thus, resulting in a community of healthy children.
We are dedicated to our patients and a community of healthy children by providing:
- Timely and accurate results for complete blood counts, routine cytogenetic, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and flow cytometry procedures.
- Timely assistance for the collection of bone marrow, preparation of bone marrow smears for staining and submission of bone marrow for special tests.
- Assurance of laboratory compliance with CAP, JCAHO and OSHA.
- Quality assurance through daily quality monitoring and established quality improvement goals.
- Continuing Education for laboratory technologists via in-services, technical competency testing, continuing education credit and laboratory seminars.
- Quality communication within the departments of the Texas Children’s Hospital Integrated Delivery Service via departmental and team interaction.
Transport of Specimens to TXCCC Laboratories:
All Bone Marrow Samples:
Route all bone marrow to the TXCCC Hematology-Oncology Laboratory.
Blood for Flow Cytometry:
Route to the Flow Lab via p-tube #510. Call or page the lab
Blood for Cytogenetics and/or FISH:
Route to the Cytogenetics Lab via p-tube #510. Call or page the lab
For after hours or weekend collection of bone marrow or blood samples, call or page the respective lab.
Please, DO NOT use the P-Tube for Bone Marrow.